OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2022 2:19 pm  #1

My wife loves women.

That’s all. She doesnt love men. Never has been attracted to them. Nothing I can do. So it’s time to move forward. Find someone who does want to fuck my brains out. Someone who does find me attractive. Someone who wants to be romantic with me, and not just be my best friend.

That’s where I am. That’s how I’m going to stay healthy through this. No kids. Two cats. One new house. I will demand visitation rights to the cats if she gets them

Last edited by Mr_Stroodle (November 22, 2022 2:21 pm)

November 23, 2022 4:15 pm  #2

Re: My wife loves women.

Mr Stroodle, glad to hear things are moving along and it's relatively straightforward with no children involved.  But I still want to issue a note of caution.    

a) she might do a 180 degree shift if things go south in her romantic life and she doesn't have a girlfriend who will look after her.

b) she might be hoping that you will continue to be her best friend and be generous with her in the financial separation.  

my advice is to hold hard to the notion that before a friendship can be established, the marriage needs to be dissolved.  ie listen to what your lawyer says is a fair split and stick to it.  If she really is a good friend that should be okay with her, shouldn't it?

Best friends, it turns out, can often turn out to be someone wanting to put you in the position that you will always be wanting to please them.

November 27, 2022 9:15 pm  #3

Re: My wife loves women.

It’s hard and gut wrenching. I’m so sorry we are all here.

If I can give you a piece of advice.. let the cats go. It’s better with no contact. The cats are innocent in all of this but your emotions and moving forward is to let it all go.

Start over and find out who you are. Who your real friends are.

I too single no kids. I now know why God planned it this way. I couldn’t see it then but I do now.

Good luck and be well.

Board footera