OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2022 11:27 am  #1

Young mama, any advice?

Hey there,

I've been a reader on this forum for months now. And have found a lot of support in the words and stories here. Thank you, if you have shared your story. And hello if you are a reader and trying to piece together your story, much like I have for many months. 

Here's my story in short: 8 years together, 4 years married, and a two year old kiddo. My husband started his journey of understanding his sexuality 6 months ago. We are currently separated now and co-parenting our kiddo together. Making plans and moving forward with divorce. 

I have been going through the stages of grief and am committed to starting a new journey for myself where I can find healing and let go of anger from this situation.

Does anyone have advice on how to coparent a young kiddo(s) while having space and finding healing? 
Thank you for any insight.

Be well,

L

Board footera