OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2022 6:49 am  #11

Re: The In Laws are coming....I don't want to face them.

I am glad that it went well for youAg103. You are being decent about it but one day his parents and children need to know.

June 16, 2022 6:51 am  #12

Ag103, I am happy that the visits went well for you. Sooner or later your children need to be told.

June 16, 2022 9:39 pm  #13

Gloria wrote:

Ag103, I am happy that the visits went well for you. Sooner or later your children need to be told.

They do know already.  He told them the morning after I told me while I was still drugged (we had wanted to tell them together but he didn't want to wait).  I am actively working with the kids to get used to running the house and our lives without him even though he's moved into his own room in the same house.

If he upsets me and makes me cry I don't lie if they ask me why I'm upset.  I am not going to hide what he's done to me or how ugly that can look.  I also want them to know its okay to express their emotions.  .  

June 17, 2022 8:15 am  #14

Ag103 I am glad that you told them.

Board footera