OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2022 2:19 pm  #11

Re: Pride Month Triggers

inkundermyskin wrote:

....fuck pride month.....

Yeah....I know how you feel. 

Be bigger than pride month. Keep using lower case letters when you write it. Don't give it the kudos and celebration we can't possibly give it. But don't let it consume you. Well....let it consume you here....lol...but be stronger than the month that, in many many cases, happens for the younger LGBTQ community. The people who are at the beginning of discovering who they are, who haven't been immersed into a heterosexual path because they think they should (and keep the secret, and ruin lives and hearts). 
I felt like you. Thought like you. Fuck pride month.
Then my grandson told me he's trans and I've had to backtrack all my negative thoughts....just so I can be supportive for a boy who I would die for

Be stronger than pride month

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 7, 2022 8:55 pm  #12

Before my ex and before pride became the laughing stock and look at me fish bowl that is is now, I didn't mind pride at all. Way back when it was simply people wearing rainbow stuff and walking together. It was pretty tame in comparison to what it is now... I had friends who were LGBT and who were healthy... Who had healthy relationships and didn't shove anything in your face or scream for validation or acceptance. This was way before the extra letters. When "T," was so very rare it wasn't talked about much. I supported my friends. Now? My ex, and the rest of the people who hold the same concepts, ruined all of it for me. I don't like rainbows anymore. Anytime I see a pride flag I want to puke. Pride is a constant reminder that some abusive jerk is shoving their transgenderness down my and my daughter's throat. It's a reminder that I have to be so careful about talking about him and that if I don't use the correct female pronouns, even if he isn't around, it makes me some giant transphobe to some people. That the abuse sits on the back burner because oh he's so brave for coming out, he's so awesome for the strife he has faced... What a load of crap. Dude kept me locked up for over two years... And he's being praised!? What's up with this world right now? I don't even really want to talk to any of my LGBT friends anymore because it's too much of a reminder.

June 8, 2022 6:44 am  #13

I was broken hearted when I found out that my ex boyfriend was gay. He would not admit it. I feel much better about it now and the Pride month does not bother me at all. Give it time. Time can heal all wounds.

June 10, 2022 2:33 am  #14

I live in Ontario, Canada, where June is also Seniors Month. In my seniors' group we have workshops and activities including, you have guessed it, many with LGBTQ components.  It's Seniors' Month so let's talk about LBGTQ.  Not going.

Last edited by MarieSimoneLoraine (June 10, 2022 3:26 am)

June 10, 2022 3:56 am  #15

MarieSimoneLoraine wrote:

I live in Ontario, Canada, where June is also Seniors Month. In my seniors' group we have workshops and activities including, you have guessed it, many with LGBTQ components.  It's Seniors' Month so let's talk about LBGTQ.  Not going.

Marie.... Have you told your seniors group why you won't be there?

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 10, 2022 6:45 am  #16

It would be good if Marie did tell them.

June 10, 2022 8:28 pm  #17

Rob wrote:

Maybe we should have straight pride month..oh wait thats

I needed a good chuckle 🤭

June 11, 2022 6:35 am  #18

I liked what Rob said too.

Nobody dares to say that the king is wearing no clothes (about transgenders). A trans woman is not a woman.  THey should not be able to play women's sports, use women's restrooms or locker rooms.

Last edited by BirdSolveig (June 11, 2022 7:22 am)

June 11, 2022 7:02 am  #19

I got 2 surveys where they asked "What gender were you assigned at birth? and What gender do you identify with now?"  I wrote an angry letter back saying I didn't believe a person could choose their own gender.  My gender was assigned by God at conception.  I thought these questions assumed that you believe in the contemporary thought which is false.

June 11, 2022 7:15 pm  #20

My sex was determined when my father sperm fertilized my mother's egg.  And so was everyone else's.  

I now write on all requests for money that use the language of gender woo (by not saying the word "woman," for instance) with the following: "Respect my sex if you want my $."  

Board footera