OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2022 9:08 am  #1

Why still anxiety?

I don’t know how anyone else has been dealing with communication. I haven’t had to do it bc there are no kids involved. After no contact and finally divorced, today I wake up to the internet being out. I had to call ATT and just to find out there’s a mass outage.

This account is not in my name.  I have been dreading transferring this account as to not disrupt the internet service. Either way the account needed to be transferred or canceled for a new account and it would require “him” to be on the phone.

I had major anxiety and heart palpitations having ATT make a 3 way call to him. I thought of “him” makes me upset and anxious in the worst way!  After 1 1/2 hours later it’s finally done!

I guess I can calm down and laugh now that’s it’s over and bc ATT customer service kept saying “SIR”! to “IT”!

June 9, 2022 2:18 pm  #2

Re: Why still anxiety?

LostAtSea wrote:

.....I had major anxiety and heart palpitations having ATT make a 3 way call to him. I thought of “him” makes me upset and anxious in the worst way! After 1 1/2 hours later it’s finally done!........

Oh....well done Lost.....well done you..!!

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 9, 2022 4:13 pm  #3

LostAtSea wrote:

I guess I can calm down and laugh now that’s it’s over and bc ATT customer service kept saying “SIR”! to “IT”!

Yes, Lost, do laugh. It’s good to laugh.

June 9, 2022 6:09 pm  #4

"I guess I can calm down and laugh now that’s it’s over and bc ATT customer service kept saying “SIR”! to “IT”!" 
You take your satisfactions where you can.  Consider it partial payment for having to deal with It.  

June 10, 2022 5:58 am  #5

Lost,

Yes I still have society when dealing with my ex and her alternate moral reality.   It's not me...its the anxiety of not knowing when she'll blow up coupled with her arrogant attitude that she is right and morally justified in dishing out more hurt..
  And like you I can watch as she interacts with normal people and they don't conform to her alternate reality/ethics...watch and thank God for getting me away...

Kudos for you doing what needed to be done...hope you have no contact with him/it/whatever in the future.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera