OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2022 8:23 am  #11

Re: Twice Bitten and devastated

Wow! The support here is just so amazing. Thank you all for the advice.

It’s so validating to be understood at this level. My friends say how awful it must be, but they don’t know just how bad it feels.

Some days I feel like I’m spiraling and yesterday was one of those days. Reaching out on here was super helpful and I’m so so grateful for all the support and advice.

🥰🥰

June 1, 2022 8:32 am  #12

It does help to communicate with people who have experienced the same experience. Thank goodness for this group.

June 1, 2022 12:06 pm  #13

My illness has me exhausted after seeing my pcp this morning but before I forgot I wanted to say that he says it's more common than one might think for a female partner to end up with more than one gay/bi/gender different partner in their life. He says he thinks it's because we are loving, sensitive gentle giving people and they can sense that and feel safe being themselves with us. I told him tongue-in-cheek that next time if there is one I plan to just ditch the loving caring me and be a biotch. 
Just sayin...

June 1, 2022 12:42 pm  #14

Oh no. I’m sorry you are feeling exhausted! Hope you get some rest. I definitely hear you on being a B 😂

June 1, 2022 10:16 pm  #15

Rob wrote:

Agl03,

Thumbs up on your advice and handling this.
They make us feel mean or cruel for responding to their horrible actions with anything but compliance and support. It's some fantasy in their heads.."I will lie and hurt you and you will keep loving and supporting me without question or fail".

Redirect that fierce loyalty and love you have toward yourself and kids.

He clearly had a fantasy of how this would all play out.  Me withdrawing is only one of the things not going as he wanted.  I might be a hot mess but I can be a scary hot mess when it comes to protecting my kids. and I'll continue to do that.  Putting myself first in this is also empowering.

Board footera