OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2022 7:54 pm  #11

Re: A bit of a sad rant

firefly wrote:

It is just really hard for me to understand why he is giving himself a free pass to cause so much hurt.  He chose this life.  He chose to build this life with me for 20 years. To expect me to be happy to end it feels so disrespectful and cruel. I feel like his freedom and happiness require my destruction. How can he do that?

I like to think of myself as a very liberal and progressive person but I cannot get over the hurt that my GW has caused me by her denial.   Yes I understand how hard it must have been to accept her own identity amidst the society we grew up in, but I cannot accept the lie she told me every day; that she loved me.  Despite what she felt, I was happy.  And had no reason to suspect she wasn’t.

Fuck her entitlement.  Fuck her duplicity.

Last edited by oilslick (May 15, 2022 4:31 am)

There is light but there’s a tunnel to crawl through, there is love but its misery loves you.
There’s still hope so I think we’ll be fine, in these disastrous times, disastrous times.

May 15, 2022 12:19 am  #12

You are not to blame and you are not alone. Holding you in my heart.

May 15, 2022 9:10 am  #13

Grace, I relate.  I have no intention of watching my GH find happiness.  I also do our household's books, so I have a very good idea of our finances.  I am very glad for that.

Oilslick, YES!   it is the entitlement and duplicity that are so soul crushing.  I, too, was happy.  To be hurt and betrayed by the person we trusted most in life is devastating and traumatizing.  I am so, so angry.

mamakatz, thank you for your encouragement.  It helps so much to know that people understand and that I am not alone.

May 16, 2022 3:24 pm  #14

Firefly,

And just to be clear  you neednt flee or separate right away (although I have great admiration if anyone is able to kick the gay spouse out of the house and afford to do it).   It may be you need to stay for financial reason etc. It may be months, a year, x years.  But build a support system and plan to get away..small steps each day.  The small steps add up to help you one day get away.   

The mills of God grind slowly..but they grind incredibly small.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera