OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2022 6:35 pm  #11

Re: SPARE ME THE PLATITUDES

Rob wrote:

Can't,

Nope not going to tell you it's all roses getting away from TGT.

My work was not that good when going through my divorce and I was lucky to have an understanding boss at the time.
What amazed me was my GX and the lawyers all looking at me like a bank to to be plundered while at the same time traumatizing me with rage and stress..they all wanted the money from my job but were jeopardizing it at the same time with impunity.

Yes there is evil ..not just our wonderful gay spouses but others as well as you can see.

A prayer for you. Hope you find work and shelter.

ROB - please do not take offense to what I just typed about prayer. I actually think that what are doing - sending a positive, encouraging thought my way, is beautiful and kind. My friend and I call it send good vibes.  Many times when my daughter has something important going on I take a conscious minute to think of her with as much positivity and strength as I can muster. Thank you for your well wishes.  Take care.

April 6, 2022 6:45 pm  #12

walkbymyself wrote:

Elle, it's usually someone who hardly knows me at all.  I guess I'm very sensitive about this because I worked so hard just to survive ... and it really took a lot from me.  I feel so broken now.

Oh - my friend - I hear you. I actually say about myself that I am very resilient but I mean it in the way that makes me tired just to think of it. The energy it takes to get through each minute of a bad situation is a constant drain on your body and soul.  I have always been very fortunate that despite having very severe major depressive disorder, I have never been suicidal.  But I can see how people get there.  Life can be cruel. What gets me through it is having my amazing daughter, wonderful future son in law, and a few good friends who care for me. They are the only ‘things’ that make the battle worth it. I really hope (bad word I guess because I made a choice to give up hope several months ago) but I really would be happy if all  of you good people out there can also find one thing to make it worthwhile.

April 6, 2022 6:59 pm  #13

As I am reading back through my posts tonight I see how it might come off to you all that I am nothing but a bitter, jaded, negative person who brings others down.

Check out my ‘Something to Laugh About’ under ‘General Discussion’ to see the other side of me.

Actually if you met me you would probably think what most people do.  You would think I was upbeat and positive. Well, I’m not really - but I am not all bad either.

I am honestly a jaded, bitter person, but it is very focused on specific persons and situations and occurrences. I do not consider myself a pessimist, but rather, a realist.  Because of my depression I do struggle with being a ‘worst case scenario’ thinker - unfortunately for me that’s usually what has come true. I am also very kind, loving, generous, funny (at least I think so), supportive, hard working, and caring. There are some important key areas where (at least I believe) I have failed as a parent. But overall I am proud to say that I am a good Mom - and that’s my absolute priority. Post divorce I will be changing my middle and last names. My middle name will be ‘Maia’, which means mother.

All of you out there who are also going through a really tough time - I am thinking of all of you and truly care that you are hurting.

April 7, 2022 10:30 am  #14

Actually, I was thinking you are like a breath of fresh air.

April 7, 2022 4:15 pm  #15

and I was thinking how well you are coping with some extremely difficult circumstances.  quite honestly when I got to the bit you were paying half your salary to him it got to me - what a tosser!  it is heartbreaking that you have lost your apartment along with the job.  I am hoping something good will come next for you.

April 19, 2022 10:35 pm  #16

walkbymyself wrote:

Actually, I was thinking you are like a breath of fresh air.

Oh my gosh - I have been off line for a bit trying to deal with life things and I just saw your post. I can’t express how it touched me!  Thank you so much for saying such a kind thing. I wish you all good things!

April 19, 2022 10:43 pm  #17

lily wrote:

and I was thinking how well you are coping with some extremely difficult circumstances.  quite honestly when I got to the bit you were paying half your salary to him it got to me - what a tosser!  it is heartbreaking that you have lost your apartment along with the job.  I am hoping something good will come next for you.

Thank you so much!  I had an amazing day today - I got a job offer! I never ever would have dreamed it would happen so quickly. The last time I was job hunting it took years! The best part is I loved the two people I interviewed with and they moved really quickly.  I honestly can’t believe it. Not quite as much as I was making but hey - it’s a bit less for my STBGX to get half of lol. The last hurdle will just be tomorrow explaining to them that my credit score is low and why it is (any company I have worked for in the last 20 years has run a credit check).  I think they will be understanding.

Now I just need the court to let me keep enough for my apartment and car!

Thank you again for being so very nice and for wishing me well. I wish the same for you and all the good people on these boards.

April 20, 2022 3:07 pm  #18

wow, so pleased to hear that - hope the job comes through.  

April 20, 2022 10:37 pm  #19

lily wrote:

wow, so pleased to hear that - hope the job comes through.  

Thank you so much Lily! I just completed the paperwork for background check, etc. The people I advised about my credit score were very kind and said they did not foresee a problem. It ain’t over til it’s over but I am going to let myself be happy about this!

How are you doing?

April 21, 2022 10:10 am  #20

Just popped in to say congrats on the job!! Wishing you well, keep us posted.

Board footera