OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2016 6:35 pm  #11

Re: The Penny just dropped

Does anyone who has experienced this go on at some point to trust anyone 100%? Or has it made us wise enough to be more realistic. I cannot imagine I would ever trust anyone 100% again. Just wondering.

October 20, 2016 11:16 pm  #12

Jk

Thank you for sharing that with me. I cant help but have compasion for how hard this would be for him. But I will try not to do it for him and let him follow his own path.

Judy on trust.

Ive seen straight men and women cheat on their spouses since I was a teenager. I have seen a lot in this world to know at some point everyone will let you down. So I keep a close circle of friends and family who I trust will not intentionally hurt me. I love them and know that they will support me in what lies ahead. Another man, not for a very long time! Completely? I think never. Anyway, being in a marriage you have to sacrifice your freedom, give yourself completely and commit 100%. I cant think of doing that again.

Lostdad, thank you for the songs. Ive been listening to Owl City - My everything and In Christ alone for the last months. Ive downloaded the songs last night and other Kari songs as well.

October 27, 2016 1:13 am  #13

So, last night I confronted GH with what I found on FB and he denied everthing (obviously - I expected that).  I did catch him on a few lies though, but did not mentioned it to him - there is just no point in it.  I asked for a separation, but he refused to even go sleep in another room. He said his FB is hacked, but when I asked him for the password to check if he is hacked he gave me a few wrong passwords.  

Problem is, he still does not get angry over my accusations, try to steer the subject to other issues rather then trying to convince me that he is telling the truth. I am so sick of this.

What do I do if he refuses to seperate or divorce?

October 27, 2016 10:14 am  #14

"..What do I do if he refuses to seperate or divorce?"

Where I live once they file a divorce complaint in court it has to be answered and settled.  There is no way to really refuse it.  I suppose if one person refuses the court will just drag them in and say they are settling it in a certain way  (which they will not like)...   Refusal here... I don't think it conceptually exist.  
The other person can , unfortunately, do nothing and let it drag out... but again my court system had so it must end...it cannot go on forever.

JK, Ms Lonely,
No,  no trust here.   I trust my family..my siblings.  A couple of friends.   I have no close friends...my ex would not let me have any.      I told my sister she was the only female  I trusted not to be gay and that was only because she was raised by the same parents..that I was there as a child and it was all real...but could even that not be real?   It has to have been real.   For myself  I will not be like my ex...my word and love is absolute...it does not change based on the wind or weather..I want my kids to see that.    

Last edited by Rob (October 27, 2016 9:16 pm)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera