OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2022 1:31 pm  #31

Re: My boyfriend wants sex with another partner

good luck.  hope it works out well

February 23, 2022 3:01 pm  #32

Nita Jalkanen wrote:

......When we started dating, he told me he was 95 per cent hetero......

Omg I hadn't seen this. 95% hetero?

My partner said " [his bisexuality] is only 5% of who he is. That 5-fucking-percent ruined the life we had.
Talk about minimalising themselves to suit their real selves

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 23, 2022 4:18 pm  #33

I think I was done when we had a discussion last week about a third party.  He even knew who he wanted to contact.  It just took me a while for this to sink in....  I give him points for being honest.  I know he stepped out on his wife with men, and lied about it -- and never wants to live like that again.  This whole thing is affecting my health and well-being, so the kindest thing for me is to let him go, with love, and the kindest thing for him is to set him free to pursue his sexual addictions.  Wish me luck.  This will be a hard conversation.  

February 23, 2022 7:20 pm  #34

Best of luck.  Good decision but yes, a very hard conversation. 

I'd do it by email myself, then block him.  He's so manipulative and you have such weak boundaries. 

If you do speak in person, make sure you can leave easily if he gets too angry and becomes verbally abusive.  If he tries the "you're abandoning poor lonely recently widowed me" stunt, remember the bunny and the gay cheating history and don't weaken and stay, consenting to be his new beard.

And maybe spend some time with a good therapist exploring why you were friends for 43 years with this toxic cheating man and found it so hard to see his toxicity even when he wanted to have sex with a man in front of you in a threesome, and hurt you physically.  That is not healthy.

February 23, 2022 7:46 pm  #35

I'm.not sure if you are religious but I am praying for you. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 24, 2022 4:13 pm  #36

I hope that you are safe and will check in here soon..

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

Board footera