OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2022 12:58 pm  #11

Re: confused about future

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Blue Bear wrote:

he's cheating on you;
he feels compelled to cheat on you to stay sane;
he's cheating on you with guys;
he was dishonest with you about his sexuality throughout your marriage;
you are not intimate with him;
you have no sex drive (probably because of this situation);
you are looking ahead to a sexless future with a dishonest guy who refuses to stop cheating on you with guys; and
just thinking about this situation is driving you crazy

Wow Blue Bear... That's an honest, true list, one that made me sit up and think "what the fuck am I doing with my life!"
 I can carry on with my comfortable life, with a man I no longer trust, can no longer talk to about the things that haunt me....or take a leap of faith and step away from everything that stops me from knowing what it's like to not be in that life

Elle

I took the leap of faith.  I'm happier now than I ever was in my marriage to a dishonest, adulterous, closeted lesbian.  Seems like it would have been obvious in retrospect, right?  

January 22, 2022 2:00 pm  #12

Blue Bear wrote:

...I took the leap of faith.  I'm happier now than I ever was in my marriage to a dishonest, adulterous, closeted lesbian.  Seems like it would have been obvious in retrospect, right?  

I've heard/read it said often. It's the when, where of the "leaping" that is the dilemma

KIA KAHA                       

January 28, 2022 8:15 pm  #13

Well Blue Bear! Thanks for the reality check this evening. Onward I go to get out of this MESS! It is good advice and exactly why I sought out a support group.

Board footera