OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2021 5:00 pm  #1

Wish I Knew This At Their Ages

I learned this the hard way as an older adult.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

November 14, 2021 6:29 pm  #2

Re: Wish I Knew This At Their Ages

That video made me laugh.  I'm glad to see young women calling the BS out in public. That takes courage. I found even among friends and family my frankness made some of them uncomfortable.

November 15, 2021 12:07 pm  #3

Re: Wish I Knew This At Their Ages

That video left me in stitches, over and over and over!  I'm glad someone with better tech skills than I have, posted it here for everybody!

Here's what really resonated for me: the part when he wrote "I love you so much more than Emily" which is like what my husband kept saying to me: that he never loved anyone else but me, that they didn't mean anything to him ... which was absolute pure manipulation on his part.  It's like they're reading from a playbook: all you need to do with the little ladies is to say the three magic words "I love you" and that gives you a free pass to get away with anything you want!  But in my book, "love" means "when you're cut, I bleed."  My husband never had a shred of empathy for me; he was sorry he got caught and begged me not to divorce him.  But, that's not what "love" is.  Him claiming that he loved me just made me even angrier, because it cheapened REAL love, which is what I'd always felt for him.

Board footera