OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2021 8:07 am  #81

Re: Amazing changes coming to SSN

Certainly a more modern look. Have to take a deeper exploration later. New name will take getting used to.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

September 9, 2021 2:00 pm  #82

Her path, his path, their path, my path.....Our Path

Change is good....if there wasn't change there would be no butterflies

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

September 9, 2021 4:15 pm  #83

Remarkable rebrand. Love the new website. Showing people's faces and stories really grounds this. New content on the team, mission, and calls to action are great.

LOVE it. Amazing work!

Edit: Just saw the new PDFs for the First Aid Kit and Ten steps for Distancing. Really good. Thank you for making them easily sharable PDFs

Feel like Resources should be expanded to the full list versus the few shown. Only showing a subset makes it feel like there are no resources, especially for men.

Front-page video is good but I don't feel matches the tone of the website. Better for an about bio than a lead in introduction. If you need help making one (using this existing video) please let me know. I'm in video editing and can help.

Final thought: if everyone who visited the site switched their Amazon smile over to OurPath then I think that would lead to solid revenues. I might encourage this more, as it takes ten seconds and so many people rely on amazon. Set and forget. My two cents.

Last edited by Upside (September 9, 2021 9:05 pm)

September 9, 2021 4:41 pm  #84

Is it possible to shrink the size of the new logo at the top of this forum? On my screen I can't see past the posting rules without scrolling down. I'm not a web designer but I think you should try to keep the top banner to no more than 1/3rd of the screen.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

September 9, 2021 4:46 pm  #85

yes the work on the website is nice and people's stories on the front page but I really do not like the name.  what's it got to do with straight spouses?  No enquiry is going to take you directly to a website, and would I have clicked on a website called OurPath?  no way!  it sounds like a cult!

September 9, 2021 5:19 pm  #86

Modern and elegant! Kudos to all who brought this to fruition.

Am sure I sound annoying, and sorry to those who know, the logo on the top left is a meditation tool called a labyrinth. The first known one was created in 1220 in Chartres, France by a Catholic religious community.

It holds special significance to me since I walked it weekly at the church where my fraudulent marriage occurred.  I wanted relief from my pain.

It's a logo of significance.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

September 9, 2021 5:34 pm  #87

Having been in all the discussions over the past 2 years, there are many reasons why the name change and rebranding was needed. One of the major reasons was anti-gay groups organizing "Straight Pride" marches. This gave the impression that SSN was an anti-gay organization and was hurting outreach and fundraising. I had many mixed feelings about the name change but came to the conclusion it was necessary. We're still the same organization.

September 9, 2021 8:02 pm  #88

delete

Last edited by Lynne (July 15, 2022 6:28 pm)

September 9, 2021 8:35 pm  #89

Lynne wrote:

Sam,  Would it be possible to remove   "Partners of Trans People"  from the paragraph under the new logo?.  We are straight.

This was a bit perplexing to me at first, too...but "partners of trans people" aren't necessarily straight....Ellen (now Elliot) Page's ex-wife, for example. 

September 9, 2021 9:29 pm  #90

We’re not implying that Partners of Trans People aren’t also Straight Partners. If that’s the term you feel best represents you, then use that term. We were told by many Partners of Trans People that they didn’t feel the term Straight Partner resonated with them, or accurately represented them. They have many names for themselves - Cis Spouses, Trans Widows, Non-Trans Partners, Partners of Trans People, etc. After much discussion, we decided to use the term Partners of Trans People. We wanted to make everyone feel welcome. It is not our intention to offend or tell anyone that they’re not a Straight Partner, or prescribe to them how they need to identify themselves.

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera