OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2021 2:24 pm  #11

Re: Bisexual

Hi Wife,
None of us can answer whether or not your husband is gay...or will identify as gay in 1,5,10 years. But, if he wants to have sex with a man (as you say he does) he's not straight. Are you OK with that? If not, it's OK to say: This isn't what I signed up for. It's OK to insist on monogamy. You can still respect his identify without agreeing to anything you're uncomfortable with.

August 16, 2021 4:28 pm  #12

It's one thing to be interested in anal play via toys. Wanting it to be some other dude's member (condom or otherwise) brings it to a new level where you need to be 100% comfortable with those choices. If he's a committed partner, I think your relationship and mental health should be more important than his physical desires.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

August 17, 2021 10:37 am  #13

Wife669: "Is it okay" covers a range of hidden agendas, from "is there something wrong with me feeling this way" to "are you going to be mad at me if I admit I've known this a long time and even have acted on it".

There's also "is it okay with YOU" which is a different question -- one Ellexoh and I are both asking.  Is this the relationship you signed up for?

And to all who commented on the gay/bi thing, I will say that my own x used up that delusional excuse and I'm afraid I have about zero ability to accept it.  I get that some men and women are bi, and those people should be honest with their partners from day one and also should understand that "bi" doesn't translate into "allowed to cheat".  You enter into a monogamous relationship, and induce the other person to enter into that relationship with you, don't tell me ten years in you accidentally forgot to mention you're bi.

Board footera