OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2021 9:39 am  #1

just need to vent

so its been almost 17 months since my ex came out to me. about 16 months since i moved out. a lot of you know the backstory by now. 
well i started an Instagram about a month ago. I'm buying a ford bronco and wanted to follow it and some tattoo artist. i didn't use my real name, or allowed my contacts to be uploaded. well wouldn't you know it, fucking IG has suggested follows, and guess who pop up? yep, my ex. so naturally click on it, and its private, but her profile pic is her and her new girl. some how i navigated around and found her new girls profile, which is also private. however the new girl has a message on hers that is a green heart plus a blue heart with the date of 4-20-20.
well green is my ex favorite color. 
fucked up thing is i found out 3/27/20. i moved out 4/10/20.. she wished my a happy bday on 4/14/20. with a sentimental message that gave me hope at the time. i know that by the time a woman gets courage, and strength to leave, they been gone emotionally for awhile. so yes, i had a feeling that this started before she came out. that is clear now. 
hurts like a motherfucker too.
and then to make it worse, through my navigation, i found her daughters. the 2 i spent 10 years raising them. spent  more time, money, love and energy than there dad. the 2 that sent me very loving emotional text when i moved out. the 2 that she blocked me from last summer..
i sent a follow request to the oldest. it was immediately denied and i was blocked. 
i will love them all, always. regardless. 
but fuck. talk about some daggers to that small piece of heart i have left. 

it is, what it is. 

August 5, 2021 11:29 am  #2

Re: just need to vent

lwh- 
their 15 and 12.
i truly hope that when they get older, they reach out to me, with or without their mothers blessing. as with a lot of kids, they want to make mom happy. more so than dads, and stepdads etc. so between them wanting to support their mom, their ages to some degree, and whatever else has got into their heads, its likely made them want to distance themselves from me. its not been right to me, or them, but I'm sure they'll find me again one day. 
thanks again. 

it is, what it is. 

August 5, 2021 12:57 pm  #3

At their ages, it will be a few years before they may feel independent enough to manage their social connections, with no concern about their mother possibly objecting. For now, the safest thing for them to do is to avoid conflict in the home. Given time, things may change. Keep your direct messages open.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

August 5, 2021 2:14 pm  #4

lwh-
the last line....tears are flowing. that is the truth. regardless of today and tomorrow. i did that. me. 
thanks daryl as well. 

it is, what it is. 

Board footera