OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2021 1:24 pm  #1

Temporary Open Relationship

Was suggested to me to look here for some answers. My girlfriend has revealed to me she has thoughts of being with women, but never has been with one. We have decided to open up our relationship for her to explore that world. The goal is for her to go out there and find answers to her questions. This will lead to one of three results:
a. She realizes she is not, in fact, attracted to women that way, and we can go back to a monogamous lifestyle
b. She realizes she does have an attraction to women, and we continue to work through it, and whatever that entails
c. She realizes she has a attraction to women and a bond with a woman that outweighs her bond with me, and we separate.

Obviously, hoping for A, would be open to B, and devastated by C. Looking for ways to cope and deal with this situation as it runs its course.

Thanks for listening/reading10.1.3

August 4, 2021 8:19 pm  #2

Re: Temporary Open Relationship

Hello! 
I know this can be such a complicated journey. Communication is SO SO important here. Opening up the relationship is a huge step, one I often recommend not be done early after disclosure but that is completely ok if that is where you are at. As long as you guys communicate and are honest I think it will help your fears and help you stay in the know about what is going on. It is important that your girlfriend respect your boundaries as well though. If you are not comfortable with something or how things are going, it is important to discuss it and if need be things change or slow down. Hoping the best for you! It is absolutely possible to have a positive outcome for your relationship here.  It will just take work and patience.

Straight wife to wonderful Bi husband 
20+ years together, out to me for 17+ 
Monogamous
https://www.morandmore.org/

Board footera