OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2021 3:12 pm  #11

Re: What if your child was the deceitful one?

LostAtSea:
   About your offer to look after you MIL and give your spouse the peace of mind knowing she was looked after.  You threw your pearls before swine.  Not they can root in the mud.  And they can do it knowing that they had an alternative.  That is your satisfaction and your vengeance: that they will have to live with their own actions.
  The saying "not my monkeys, not my circus" is one I saw here first.  It was helpful to me to repeat as needed when I found myself thinking about my now-ex and his bad choices and their consequences, to remind myself that the person I needed to give my thought, time, and care to now was myself.  

July 27, 2021 3:14 pm  #12

OutofHisCloset wrote:

LostAtSea:
   About your offer to look after you MIL and give your spouse the peace of mind knowing she was looked after.  You threw your pearls before swine.  Not they can root in the mud.  And they can do it knowing that they had an alternative.  That is your satisfaction and your vengeance: that they will have to live with their own actions.
  The saying "not my monkeys, not my circus" is one I saw here first.  It was helpful to me to repeat as needed when I found myself thinking about my now-ex and his bad choices and their consequences, to remind myself that the person I needed to give my thought, time, and care to now was myself.  

I totally agree. Thank you OOHC! Did you see my resposne to your post from "What are the odds"?

July 30, 2021 1:49 pm  #13

I offered to show them the texts where other women said they loved her and wanted to carry her baby. No...they weren't interested.
^^^
I’d want to see it, just to see if another human being could actually be that delusional and frankly creepy! What the actual fuck?

They say that blood is thicker than water, but they know. In their hearts they know what has happened is wrong. They can’t be seen to be too sympathetic in case it looks like they are taking sides, but they themselves won't ever fully trust them again.

Last edited by Ordinary guy (July 30, 2021 1:51 pm)

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly that which is essential is invisible to the eye.

July 30, 2021 3:13 pm  #14

LostAtSea wrote:

apparently "she" had to sext nake pics to married men to discover "she" preferred men over women ...
He told me these "men" took advantage of  "her". 

Married men?  Did "she" care about what all this did to their wives?  If "she" truly wants to be female, "she" should learn how to be a little more empathetic.  And take a 30% pay cut, too.

July 30, 2021 6:20 pm  #15

LostAtSea,

I had to endure high drama from my then STBX.  This delusional soap opera was the most painful part of the divorce. Am sure it was anger directed at me for leaving his closet.

Your divorce will be final soon. You'll never have to put up with their shenanigans again.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera