OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2021 8:54 pm  #11

Re: Why I Suddenly Know It's Over

Yes, part of him not wanting a separate living arrangement is his worry about not being able to lay for therapy and hormones. He has given my needs no thought at all. Literally.

April 30, 2021 2:20 pm  #12

I hope you can negotiate with him about slowing down or stopping until you’re divorced. He’s waited all this time. It won’t hurt to wait another year to help you & your children get settled. Doesn’t he care?

In addition to hormones and therapy, there’s clothing, makeup & hair products. They can be $$$$. I’d go broke buying all the clothing and makeup I want.

He can blow through your joint assets so easily on his transition.

Maria

**Edited because hit submit by accident. **

Last edited by MJM017 (April 30, 2021 2:28 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 30, 2021 2:26 pm  #13

So true. I never buy fancy stuff myself. Thanks!

Board footera