OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2021 10:42 am  #21

Re: Amazing changes coming to SSN

I’m wondering, too. I would think the survey would at least have to be well along before much else could be done. How’s that coming?

April 27, 2021 10:34 pm  #22

Thanks for the details Kel. I'm glad you're looking to get it published in a peer-reviewed journal, possibly the APA. I hope it sparks additional analysis than just the survey.

Also thanks for this, OHC. I've begun exploring this whole topic the last few months, which I hadn't been onto previously. I've read JK Rowling received heated criticism for a related point on feminism, in an attempt to stand up for women's protection. (You may know more about this than I-- I've never taken a women's studies course; just a Men's Studies!)

OutofHisCloset wrote:

I'm understandably sensitive on this question of definitions and labels, and who determines how things will be defined and labeled, as trans activists and my trans-identified ex equate femininity with female, and insist that "woman" is defined not by one's biological sex but by one's performance of femininity.  In order to claim his "woman-hood," my ex "performed" an extreme (and misogynistic) femininity, and re-defined me as "butch" and "lesbian," neither of which I am.   

And it's not just me, individual.  It's we females, we women, all of us.  It's the erasure of femaleness, it's female erasure.  "Woman" is being taken from us, and we're being redefined as "cis," or as "uterus havers" or "pregnant people."

July 18, 2021 3:43 pm  #23

Years ago I served as a contact for the Florida SSN chapter for folks with bisexual partners that wanted to make their relationships work. I would be glad to serve as a contact for that situation again. I'm not sure it would be in the form of a moderator or just a contact to reach out to but I just wanted to put it out there if there is a need. Been on this journey for over 14 years after discovering my husband is bi.

Straight wife to wonderful Bi husband 
20+ years together, out to me for 17+ 
Monogamous
https://www.morandmore.org/

July 29, 2021 4:27 am  #24

Hi Everyone... Did the new website and new integrated forum ever happen or is this still the official 'open forum'?

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

July 29, 2021 6:59 am  #25

There's been no official announcement of the new site, and this one is currently quite active.

July 29, 2021 10:56 am  #26

I believe Kel stated that it was expected to go live in August, at least that was the goal.

July 29, 2021 1:11 pm  #27

As of right now August is still possible. Last bugs are being worked out. Changes may look major but our mission hasn't changed. Stay tuned.

August 1, 2021 7:28 pm  #28

Can’t wait to see what changes and/or additions may be coming with the new site!

August 1, 2021 8:10 pm  #29

longwayhome wrote:

It’s a venting place for all I get that but can we at least remember the shock and that heartache we all left in this early days snd show some empathy. Some compassion. Especially when it’s posted under Support or you see you it’s a new poster.

Absolutely agree with this.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

August 1, 2021 11:52 pm  #30

longwayhome wrote:

..I’ve found since I joined SSN, the camaraderie in letting people share their stories in their own time seems to me, at least to be disappearing......

If you don’t have the patience for it. Don’t respond......

In my opinion on a website such as this the difference between our situations and our varied approach to others only enhances our acceptance of each other. I haven't noted a lessening of camaraderie but realize the pressures in this world at the moment could make it appear that way

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera