OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2021 11:39 pm  #11

Re: "The Bachelor" Announces He Is Gay

Some in the media are properly questioning the narrative:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/colton-underwood-coming-out-as-gay-doesnt-change-how-he-allegedly-stalked-his-ex-girlfriend?ref=home

At least they raise the point that his newly admitted lgbtq status doesn’t negate the fact that he stalked his former girlfriend,

However, nobody ever seems to question the obvious:

If a person appears so famously hetero as to star on The Bachelor in order to have two dozen women compete for him, but is actually a closeted gay man, isn’t there something awfully performative and disingenuous about his personality?

April 16, 2021 10:20 am  #12

Victo wrote:

isn’t there something awfully performative and disingenuous about his personality?

THIS! I think back on my 12 year marriage and how much I used to admire my husband's big personality. He was charming and engaging and always the center of attention in any room. I used to think he was so brave. But now that I know the truth I no longer admire him at all, because it was all an act. A performance. A carefully crafted lie to hide his true self and shore up the walls of his closet.

April 20, 2021 10:30 pm  #13

There’s a change.org petition asking Netflix to stop the airing of Colton Underwood’s show to protest his stalking and harassment of his ex-girlfriend. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/petition-against-colton-underwoods-upcoming-175337216.html

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 20, 2021 11:14 pm  #14

Good find, Maria.  I think I will be signing this one.

April 21, 2021 3:23 pm  #15

She didn’t know.  Of course she didn’t.  He would have had to had integrity for her to know the truth.

https://people.com/tv/bachelor-colton-underwood-ex-cassie-randolph-didnt-know-he-was-gay-source/

April 21, 2021 4:55 pm  #16

nm

Last edited by MJM017 (April 21, 2021 10:16 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 23, 2021 9:49 pm  #17

This article shows screenshots of the texts he sent her as well as photos of the tracking device he placed on her car. It really hits home how messed up his behavior was. 

His need to control...   the way he contacts her friends and family in order to stay in control of the narrative.  It is quite disturbing. 

GID narcissist.  It seems to be an actual personality type.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9504307/Cassie-Randolph-speaks-Bachelor-ex-Colton-Underwood-came-apologized-bad-choices.html

April 26, 2021 7:44 pm  #18

OMG it's like he has "the handbook" for the GID.  You know what's so sad, him going on that show was more than a lapse in judgment.  It was a concerted effort on his part to deceive all those women, the people working on the show and the public watching, ending up with him essentially abusing the person he "chose" and gaslighting her.  

April 30, 2021 2:48 pm  #19

I read the Daily Mail article. This guy was stalking her outside her apartment building too.  He’s one of those problem people Gavin de Becker writes about in his book, “The Gift of Fear.” That helped me navigate through the problems I was having with my ex.

Sometimes people are disordered regardless of their environment or sexual orientation.

May 2, 2021 11:49 pm  #20

LastingEffect wrote:

THEY ARE LIARS WHO LIE TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE OVER PERIODS OF YEARS.  I haven't dated or wanted to date since and I will not take a chance on going through that again.... In my case, you've caused permanent damage.

Agree; it's *always* (early teens through early 30s) affected my thinking about a relationship or dating (and more recently, people's views generally) and I don't see a "getting over it". Trauma: you can move forward, but it markedly affects you, the scar remains, and triggers.

I just watched the video posted on this Bachelor. He reminds me a lot of the guy I knew and I'm still thoroughly not okay. How is this celebratory and he to be embraced? 

Last edited by clintonia (May 3, 2021 12:28 am)

Board footera