OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2021 9:50 am  #11

Re: First Timer

Lconfused wrote:

Hi there I'm in a kind of similar situation. 20 years, 2 kids. All new and could never afford to separate. And we are honest and there has been no cheating. But this weekend we move to different rooms, I know she wants to experience sex with a woman I am trying to understand her, because we do love each other, but I don't know how I will ever navigate this ..... 

Welcome, and so sorry you have to be here. The revelation that our spouse isn’t who we thought they were is jolting to say the least. You have a head start with no cheating. My husband is bisexual and we had to work through the cheating before we could begin to build our marriage.

You might want to start your own thread/post and tell your story (under “Support “ should be fine) and you’ll get more responses. There will be a lot of people who have been through similar experiences to give you their sides of what they went through and what they did. 

Just to start, if your wife is wanting to experience sex with a woman,it’s something you need to talk about seriously, and if BOTH of you are on board with it, then there are a lot of details to work out (boundaries, what to expect, &more). But, unless YOU are also okay with it, you don’t have to agree to it.

We’re going forward monogamously, as that is the only way I can be in a marriage. Foe me, it’s not a marriage if there’s more than the two of us. (This is just for me. I do not judge others for what they do). It’s been a roller coaster ride, and after about 1 1/2 years, it’s finally calming down. If BOTH of you want it to work, it can, but it takes a lot of open & honest communication. ....and, of course, no cheating.

Good luck. Post that thread & you’ll get more replies 😊. ***** I see you did. Good for you ****😁

Last edited by SusanneH (March 28, 2021 9:55 am)

March 29, 2021 6:04 am  #12

Re: First Timer

Thankyou. I might try and update it with a better post when im feeling less heartbroken

Board footera