OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2021 7:21 pm  #21

Re: Where are we all from anyhow?

DeeDee1771 wrote:

....... I would love to be back in the city, but my dreams have never been that important to anyone. 

You DeeDee....it's you....your dreams are important to you and nothing will change until you see yourself as worthy of your own life, your own dreams
I can't tell you how to stop focusing on your husband, but it is holding you back. 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 26, 2021 10:50 am  #22

Born and raised midwest (OH/IN). When 2020 stripped everything, and he decided he was finally ready to face his past and his closet - I said, "that's fine. But I'm not doing it here." So We moved back to Northwest Arkansas. I didn't realize then how important that declaration of what I needed would help in my healing. We have full therapeutic disclosure in 26 days, and I'm fully expecting to file for divorce soon after. It's been 13 years of hiding in silence and shame, gaslighting, and religious organizations' expectations. 

March 26, 2021 2:55 am  #23

Removed

Last edited by Soaplife (June 12, 2021 12:29 am)

March 26, 2021 9:29 am  #24

Bible belt is my home.

March 26, 2021 11:55 am  #25

Hi Soaplife, I have been enjoying reading your posts, you have the same sort of perspective I have.  I am on the Eastern tip of the continent - Byron Shire.  we are as far away from each other as you can get!  we're both a bit at the end of the earth but you are more so and isn't it a good place to be in a pandemic.   

March 27, 2021 1:42 am  #26

Removed

Last edited by Soaplife (June 12, 2021 12:30 am)

March 27, 2021 2:08 am  #27

I am from South Africa and could be the only member from Africa. In everything I read and researched I only found one South African magazine which had published an article dealing with GID's. It obviously exists here as my STBX mentioned having sex with several married men. I also have knowledge that two of my cousins were married to GID's long ago and my sister in law's husband also came out to her about 18 months ago. She is my husband's sister and I cannot really discuss my situation with her because of the family bond between brother and sister. If there are any other South African members, I would love to communicate with them.

March 27, 2021 5:59 pm  #28

Hi oliviap - there was an African woman here not too long ago, she might be back, OJECPOMCO, if I remember her name right.

Chris Hemsworth, the actor?  I didn't know.  does he come from here, or has he just moved in?  

April 25, 2021 11:20 pm  #29

I’m from San Francisco, CA. I was born here, spent most of my childhood in the suburbs aka the San Francisco Bay Area. (Very conservative then & now. Couldn’t wait to leave it behind at 18.) I lived on the East Coast after college for a few years. I returned to San Francisco almost 30 years ago. 

Had college classmates, coworkers and neighbors who are out of the closet. Never thought I’d be tricked into being an unwitting beard. Still getting over his deception. But have healed a lot thanks to this forum.

Maria

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 26, 2021 5:20 pm  #30

Orlando.  I just found out that the parents of one of my daughter's schoolmates may be divorcing because he came out; but that may just be a school rumor.  If there is anyone on here from Orlando, would love to meet.

Board footera