OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2021 3:47 pm  #1

Can’t complain...

Just a quick update as I don’t visit this site very often anymore. Actually, I don’t visit any sites regarding MOMs very frequently anymore. I have found that visiting all of these sites, even the most positive ones, to be more stressful than not visiting at all. The sites range from very negative to exceptionally positive… and they all cause me more stress than not visiting any. I’m living my normal every day life with my husband and it’s pretty fantastic. I’ll check in occasionally still and I wish everyone the best always. 

Tangled 

March 3, 2021 5:15 pm  #2

Re: Can’t complain...

TangledOil wrote:

Just a quick update as I don’t visit this site very often anymore. Actually, I don’t visit any sites regarding MOMs very frequently anymore. I have found that visiting all of these sites, even the most positive ones, to be more stressful than not visiting at all. The sites range from very negative to exceptionally positive… and they all cause me more stress than not visiting any. I’m living my normal every day life with my husband and it’s pretty fantastic. I’ll check in occasionally still and I wish everyone the best always. 

Tangled 

I’m glad to hear things are going so well. I, too, have realized that too much time spent on these sites; whether positive or negative, is not only taking up too much of my time, but is also keeping my head ‘here’ in this mess, when I could be living the new life we’re creating daily 😊

March 3, 2021 8:15 pm  #3

Susanne, 

That’s exactly it... it keeps us “in the mess” way beyond the point of being beneficial, and within the past month or so I’ve come to see it as a detriment. I’m sure it’s helpful that my husband and I are doing well. I no longer have the desire to spend such a significant amount of my life on this topic. Life is too short. Time to make a heartfelt attempt at moving away from this as a focus. I’m glad to see that you too are doing well, Susanne. I’ll still check in occasionally, but on to bigger and better things in the future for you and your husband and my husband and myself. 

Tangled 

March 8, 2021 5:32 am  #4

I'm glad you're doing so well!
My wife and I have taken up a project to create a (Dutch) website to inform and support couples in a MOM. 
So for different reasons we also find ourselves spending less time on fora.

Last edited by Dutchman (March 8, 2021 5:33 am)

March 11, 2021 1:29 pm  #5

That’s wonderful, Dutchman. I’m so happy for you and your wife. I’ve been thinking of doing something similar with my husband in the future. My husband is very busy, quite private, and doesn’t spend much time occupied with this topic so I don’t think it would necessarily be his forte. I’m venturing out in other areas to help out this community as well though and it feels good.

Tangled

Last edited by TangledOil (March 12, 2021 7:27 pm)

Board footera