OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2021 7:26 am  #1

valentines day-

well, my day went about as expected. spent the day alone in a hotel room reflecting and crying. first one without her and her girls in 10 years. i have always felt like i'm an old school romantic, so this has always been my favorite holiday. a day for love, and lovers, to be shared between just 2 people. i know to others, its just another day, made up as a money generator. to me, it has always been that one day to show her, that there is her, and then the rest of the world.period. 
its been almost 11 months. hurts just as much. 
was this a hard day for anyone else? 

it is, what it is. 

February 15, 2021 9:12 am  #2

Re: valentines day-

I’m sorry. My husband came out as bi and has been “trending” towards men so he went to bed way early because he too tired to spend it with me, but I know he was terrified I would try to be intimate with him (I wasn’t)  and he doesn’t want me that way right now. It hurts a lot. I made the fancy meal I had planned and ate by myself....at least I had wine.

Last edited by Lookingfoward (February 15, 2021 9:18 am)

February 16, 2021 2:42 pm  #3

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so rubbish isn't it. I've had a really tough week too. I don't have any advice but I hope you're ok. You're not alone xx

February 16, 2021 3:44 pm  #4

I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. 

February 18, 2021 8:05 am  #5

ink,
I can assure there is someone else out there yearning and deserving of your fierce Valentines day rituals.  Do not think you gave in vain.

Holidays like this were always stress for me because nothing was ever good enough.  I do recall her comparing gifts to her friends though and she was treated well.   Funny how my GX left many things behind but her jewelry was not one of them. 

This is not us leaving them, this is them rejecting us.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

February 18, 2021 11:50 am  #6

Rob wrote:

This is not us leaving them, this is them rejecting us. 

And although you probably can't see it now, also granting you the opportunity to love someone far more deserving of you and who will love you back the way you deserve.  

Board footera