OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2021 10:47 pm  #1

The Dig

If any one has seen the new Netflix produced film The Dig. It is a great film and has a side plot that mirrors a lot our experiences ( or Hollywood’s version them). I don’t want to ruin the film by saying too much more but would love to hear from anyone who has seen it .

February 6, 2021 10:56 pm  #2

Re: The Dig

I've seen it. Whenever I am confronted by anything homosexual in a movie I either move past it it don't watch it at all. Because the movie didn't at first seem to have a hat element... When it finally appeared all I could do was to smirk then berate myself for my poor choice in movies. I did finish watching it and cried at the end.
Apart from the gay element...10 out of 10

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2021 11:52 pm  #3

Part of it we’re definitely hard but I took a lot of strength from the end too. As someone who is struggling to untangle themselves from their MoM and find the courage to start over it held meaning for me.  As a bit of dark humor my LW was upstairs at the same time watching Ammonite. She asked me to help her rent it on her iPad put it her headphones and proceeded to watch it . No offer to watch it with me or find something we’d both like. Oh well I said to my self and went downstairs and find something to watch on my own. You can imagine my surprise when I landed on The Dig.

February 7, 2021 6:45 am  #4

I watched it.  I liked it.  And I was satisfied and somewhat surprised they didn't gloss over the wife's pain. If TGT had been the primary focus of the film, I would not have watched it, or continued with it. 

February 8, 2021 12:15 pm  #5

My husband and I watched it and we discussed the gay characters. We were both rooting for her to dump his a$$ and get together with the younger, more attractive guy who wasn’t lusting over a man. 

Board footera