OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2021 9:43 pm  #1

Where are we all from anyhow?

I’ve been thinking. We are all so anonymous here yet share the same stories. So similar sometimes I wonder if our gay/bi husbands and wives know each other from their secret online groups. I kind of wish we could have a straight spouse party just to vent and have fun. I’m going to disclose that I’m somewhere in the Midwest of America...snowy yet Summery. Think north woods. Anyone else from the Midwest of America?

- Epiphany

January 29, 2021 10:52 pm  #2

Re: Where are we all from anyhow?

I'm halfway round the world in New Zealand and I think some are uneasy about letting their whereabouts known. I've reached out twice to members but no luck. I've thought about this a lot, and have realised that if anybody who reads the Forum (and every person in the world can, they just can't post)...if somebody I knew thought they might know who I am.....well, I think I'd be up to talking to them because I'm at a point where this is me....straightspouse, trying to find myself....and quite willing to talk about this. 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 30, 2021 1:47 pm  #3

I don’t mind..I’m in a...small town near big, ol’ College Station, TX, home of the fightin’ Texas Aggies (football team we’re SO proud of from Texas A&M Univ- a lot of Aggie jokes made 😆).

close enough 

Last edited by SusanneH (January 30, 2021 1:48 pm)

January 31, 2021 8:50 am  #4

We live in about the middle of the Netherlands, the province Utrecht. In an old village, with a castle and yes... an operational  classical windmill, near the river Rhine. 

January 31, 2021 12:04 pm  #5

Philadelphia PA suburbs USA. We are hunkering down for a major snowstorm, but it doesn't feel that much different from hunkering down for Covid.
In the 20 years I've been associated with SSN, there have been many get-togethers organized in various places in the US, UK and Australia. Until Covid there were regular ones in Chicago and Florida. When I was new I found them unbelievably affirming (and fun). They were organized primarily in secret closed groups rather than a public forum like this to make sure there were no surprise uninvited "guests". Hopefully gatherings will resume after Covid. 

January 31, 2021 1:48 pm  #6

Straight Spouse party would be fun!! I am from Atlanta Georgia , in a suburb

January 31, 2021 2:40 pm  #7

I'm in the midwest, and I hate it.  I didn't want to move here to begin with, I was struggling with the winter weather, and I wasn't even settled into our new house when he "disclosed" a few months later.  Between the depressing winter (the snow never melts, and it's just so dirty and gross and dreary here) and covid shutting everything down, I feel like I'm being punished for not knowing and following him out here like the good little wife.

I saw someone say on social media the other day, you always hate the place where you hear bad news...or something to that effect.  I don't know their story, but I understood the feeling.  I will hate this place forever, and I cannot wait to finally get out. 

January 31, 2021 3:56 pm  #8

Straight Spouse party sounds great to me! NB Canada!

You can hurt me with the truth,but please don't love me with your lies.

January 31, 2021 5:37 pm  #9

Florida sounds good right now

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 1, 2021 3:19 pm  #10

We really are from all over the globe! I understand people not wanting to share, there could be creepers or imposters and also the whole not wanting the world to know our deep dark marriage secrets. Hopefully Covid is at bay sooner rather than later...I could sure use some friends nearby that know exactly what I’m going through. Currently I’m in the “take care of myself and give me space, I’m pissed” stage. I just don’t understand how he can think we are soul mates yet he gets to just have side flings on and off throughout our life. 😡.

- Epiphany

Board footera