OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2021 2:06 pm  #11

Re: Just a rant

Rob....."We can and should rant away... but know that they are not in therapy or ranting on a support board..." 
You're damn right Rob! I'd be most surprised if he was because he's so closed up. Our Mindfucks may be different Rob but we're both cut from the same strong straightspouse cloth 

Epiphany."This giving and giving and giving without ever taking care of myself has to stop now. I’m hoping this all empowers me to finally take those steps."  Epiphany...and I can truthfully tell you that when your head does this short, strange, definite shift from focusing on him, to focusing on you....it does empower you. It happened to me. I'm not saying you'll be through the storm, I am saying you won't need an umbrella and you'll be able to see glimpses of sun

Bluebear.....
Getting into a healthy relationship with a straight person is a game-changer.  Your life is waiting. No no, 
I won't be getting in to another r'ship. The game-changer will be feeling like the old Me, I don't need another man for that

OOHC.....yes this is an impasse I know. And you're probably correct in all of what you say but I have to get past the wall of never-really-knowing-the-truth-and-wanting-honesty. Past the great life we still have in everything but intimacy. Past the comfortable shoe familiarity with each other. 

I would be lost without you lot, I'd still be crumbling and lost in my misery

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 29, 2021 3:28 pm  #12

Bluebear...bit of an after thought I had when thinking back to this thread. You said being with a straight person is a game changer. What do you notice the major differences are? I’ve just been doing a lot of soul searching. Asking myself what I can and cannot deal with. Wondering right now how much greener the grass might be in a straight relationship. I’m only 41 and never had one...my first boyfriend  ended being gay too, I’m a freaking magnet 🙄

- Epiphany

January 29, 2021 5:17 pm  #13

Epiphany, 

The switching back and fourth your husband may be describing, many bi people who experience such fluctuations in desire, call it the “bi cycle.” Some describe it as a pendulum of desire that swings back and fourth. It seems it’s common along bisexual people, but it varies some for each person. Some may have a short cycle, some may have a long cycle, some can get past their cycle easily, and for others it seems more difficult. Others, including my husband, say they don’t experience a bi cycle whatsoever. 

Last edited by TangledOil (January 29, 2021 5:18 pm)

January 29, 2021 5:47 pm  #14

Tangled, my husband said his lasts for years. My biggest concern currently is that the pendulum is just completely swinging towards gay... siting ED and testosterone issues as a possible contributor. He has a Dr apt March 2nd to look at those issues. I’m not a biologist, Dr or psychologist so I’m not sure how much that makes a difference but apart of me and my intuition do believe it’s going to swing back towards women. If I can help him through this period and we can be intimate comfortably then we stand a chance...even if in the short term.

Board footera