OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2021 12:17 pm  #1

Going away... it feels okay

I'm off on a break for 5 weeks to see my family in different areas of NZ. For the last 15 years I've hated going away from home, even declining a paid-for trip to the US with my daughter simply because I felt if I left my partner would be happy I was gone (boy oh boy and there's a lot to unpack there!)
But this morning I fly off to my sons, then my daughters, after that to my sisters and I have no heavy sick feeling in my stomach.

To be continued.....

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 3, 2021 2:08 pm  #2

Re: Going away... it feels okay

congrats and safe travels!!!!!!!

it is, what it is. 

January 3, 2021 2:47 pm  #3

Proud of you! Have a great trip!

January 3, 2021 4:36 pm  #4

Enjoy yourself. Try to forget your daily troubles for awhile. I know if I could do it, I sure would. Take advantage of this gift you’ve been given!! Laugh, be free, love life, live!

Have fun & enjoy your children.

(((HUGS)))

January 4, 2021 10:29 am  #5

"I have no heavy sick feeling in my stomach."

Elle

Isn't it telling? I get that feeling of becoming ill when thinking of going "home?" Even though my daughters and my things are still there, I don't want to go home, makes me a bit quesy when heading there. My late brother's home is about to become mine and it is becoming more and more what I think of as "home." In it there will be no lying, absolutely NONE. Elle, I think it is a sign of healing, a sign that your body, brain and heart are trying to purge itself of the toxicity.  Godspeed. Enjoy the fresh air.

January 4, 2021 9:39 pm  #6

I'm not 24hrs into my trip away and I see in our shared Google history .,... Adult shop.., Peaches & Cream....Locanto ( sex site ).

I'm no longer shocked, sad or angry. Rather I'm determined to move forward and away from a life I no longer want

😔

KIA KAHA                       

January 4, 2021 10:35 pm  #7

fuck him.

it is, what it is. 

January 5, 2021 2:16 am  #8

inkundermyskin wrote:

fuck him.

Yeah Ink... that's it, that's what he will be looking for. And as he won't get it from me., he should get it from somebody else. Be it a woman or man

Elle

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (January 5, 2021 2:23 am)

KIA KAHA                       

January 5, 2021 6:10 am  #9

yeah. once i hit submit, i was waiting for that response. thoughts of you as you move on from your old life, and to a new, honest, fulfilling life for you. somehow, someway. as a straight man, that only wishes now to have been with honest straight women like those of you on here, i stand by my original comment. 
fuck him. 

it is, what it is. 

January 5, 2021 9:25 pm  #10

Elle,

Yeah at some point I stopped looking...I knew I would find just more bad stuff.  It certainly shows their mindset, values, beliefs etc. more than any words they can say to us.

I say enjoy your trip and know that you did all you could.  I know you will be around genuine people where you don't have to wonder or search their browser histories.

Thoughts and prayers.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera