OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2020 3:12 pm  #11

Re: Getting Over Resentment - How?

Rotties4me wrote:

.........My son has been great through all of this...........We'd talked about a separate entrance, but it'll be easy enough to separate once that basement is done.  

He sounds a wonderful and supportive young man. Protective is good!

If your ex is a procrastinator, and your separation was done through a lawyer...is there a way you can go ahead and hire somebody to do it? Or....tell him you're hiring somebody to do it because the living situation is becoming intolerable to you? That may get him moving

KIA KAHA                       

November 24, 2020 3:12 pm  #12

You seem to have a good idea of what you want and a sound plan for your future. I can only suggest that in trying to live separately in the same house now that you do not spend too much money or make alterations which will decrease it's value when it is appraised for a future buy-out by him or a sale on the open market.

If you are lucky maybe you will receive enough to buy a smaller, easier to care for home for the "rotties" and people of your choosing.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

November 27, 2020 11:04 am  #13

The emotional title - getting over resentment of this thread drew me in.  It is hard when he is right there making all those efforts where you can see him....  I just imagine my ex and get triggered - so no wonder you are feeling resentful - if not angry and frustrated to boot!  

Getting away is one step closer, but the emotions will still surface now and then I find.  Resentment of the things he is doing for others that he didn’t do for you.  I still get rage-y when I think of my ex being honest with his new wife... though that is only heresay, so I’m not sure how honest such a man as my GIDX can be.  

Anyway as for the resentment, it feels like my work is to stay focused on my life.  And after a long marriage I am trying to rebuild a life and it is just so hard.  Good luck you you Rotties.  You deserve to be happy too, so make that your priority!  We can help each other here.  It is good.  X

Board footera