OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2020 11:46 am  #11

Re: Looking for support/advice regarding divorce

Rob wrote:

Janet747,
I know the feeling...when we were divorcing and met with the parenting person for the court.. she basically told this stranger what a bad father I was..incapable of taking care of the kids.   That had to be the lowest point in my life on this earth.. after years of taking care of the kids, staying up with them to let her sleep etc..she had no problem lying to someone right in front of me...my tears did not diswade her..  its a horrible feeling when they lie and distort reality.   You give him too much credit saying its his reality..when we know in our bones they know they are lying.

If you think he is a person like this the only thing I can suggest is to get away.  You may not be able to get full custody but your kid will still have a strong, sane, unabused parent 50% or more of the time.   That is worth more than what he's doing to you both now.

Wishing you strength and fortitude on your journey.

That is terrible, I’m so sorry you had to go through that but glad you have now separated! That you for the clear advice! I am in great need of hearing these things!

November 20, 2020 7:28 am  #12

Re: Looking for support/advice regarding divorce

JkPeace, the following makes so much sense. Thank you fir posting!
“A GID person does not love themselves as they are, 100%. If they did, they would not be in denial. They might or might not choose to stay in the closet, but they would stop being in denial and dishonest with a straight spouse. A GID person is incapable of selfless, honest love in a marriage.  A GID person learns to lie at such a level that they believe it themselves. This makes the marriage based on a lie”

Board footera