OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2016 11:35 am  #1

A Friend In Need/A Friend Indeed

Like so many others, I go through a gamut of emotions on a daily basis revolving around my marriage. I find comfort in different things, coming on to the SSN board is one of them. But I really have no one to talk to about these types of things, especially when I just need to vent, or have a sympathetic ear. Because, really, who else besides someone who is or has gone through this understands?

So I wondered if anyone else would like to connect on some sort of messaging app? This board is vital and important (and truly an incredible resource to people who are looking for support and info), but sometimes I just need more connection in the moment. I know that many of us have a bad taste in our mouths about Kik and Snapchat due to being burned by our spouses leading double lives through those apps, but wouldn't it be nice on those days where you just want to reach out to someone that you could connect with a willing ear?

Anyone up for it?

September 20, 2016 4:14 pm  #2

Re: A Friend In Need/A Friend Indeed

And, oh yeah, message me if you are indeed interested Already got a response.

September 22, 2016 7:45 pm  #3

That would be nice 😔

CES wrote:

Like so many others, I go through a gamut of emotions on a daily basis revolving around my marriage. I find comfort in different things, coming on to the SSN board is one of them. But I really have no one to talk to about these types of things, especially when I just need to vent, or have a sympathetic ear. Because, really, who else besides someone who is or has gone through this understands?

So I wondered if anyone else would like to connect on some sort of messaging app? This board is vital and important (and truly an incredible resource to people who are looking for support and info), but sometimes I just need more connection in the moment. I know that many of us have a bad taste in our mouths about Kik and Snapchat due to being burned by our spouses leading double lives through those apps, but wouldn't it be nice on those days where you just want to reach out to someone that you could connect with a willing ear?

Anyone up for it?

September 22, 2016 8:20 pm  #4

Hard Believer wrote:

That would be nice 😔

CES wrote:

Anyone up for it?

Hi friend, register with this site and send me a message. No need to feel alone when there are people with a compassionate ear, and some understanding of what you're facing!

October 1, 2016 8:19 am  #5

Thank you CES I did register

Board footera