OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2020 3:55 pm  #11

Re: Almost all my stress related to being in a MOM (bi husband)...

The more same-sex relationships are normalized in popular culture (in a healthy way) the better, I think. Hopefully one day there will be less of us unknowing "straight spouses." But, you're right, Elle...I've yet to see the story that portrays the gut-wrenching pain, confusion, and feelings of betrayal so many of us experience.

One of the worst parts about being in a MOM (for me) is that I didn't have a choice in the matter....so, when my husband told me he's bisexual 9 years and one young child into our relationship, I'm left with the perpetual question: What the hell am I supposed to do with that information? 

October 15, 2020 8:02 pm  #12

Watch A Place to Call Home on Amazon... the first episode you will meet yourself, the straight spouse married to a closeted gay spouse... only it’s the 1940’s... it has been entertaining and not as triggering as other shows

October 16, 2020 4:06 pm  #13

Julian, 

I get what you’re saying. Not having a say-so in the matter definitely sucks. I’ve told my husband the least he could’ve done was give me the limited information that he had, even if he told me he didn’t know what it meant. Then I could have made a more informed decision. I do believe he didn’t really know... and hoped it would all just eventually go away. He thinks it’s the result of same sex abuse he suffered as a child. Although I suspected nearly from the beginning he had at least a limited sexual interest in men. 

Tangled 

Last edited by TangledOil (October 16, 2020 4:08 pm)

October 16, 2020 4:07 pm  #14

Stronger, 

We’ll consider it when looking for a new show to watch. Thank you. 

Tangled 

Board footera