OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2020 11:52 am  #1

Is it possible to be a married bisexual with high morals?

I was just thinking about this. I’ve always thought my husband had exceptionally high moral standards. Higher than my own most likely. Even though he’d been trying to keep his same sex interest to himself all these years, I still think he has high moral standards, yet maybe not quite as high as I once thought. Do you think it’s possible for a married bisexual to retain their high moral standards throughout their marriage? I’ve read many articles that say that bisexuals don’t cheat any more than a straight person would. A cheater is a cheater regardless. Also an interesting tidbit, 84% of bisexuals are married to an opposite gender straight spouse.  

Last edited by TangledOil (October 7, 2020 1:36 pm)

October 7, 2020 3:19 pm  #2

Re: Is it possible to be a married bisexual with high morals?

All I can say is that I hope it is possible.

October 7, 2020 5:02 pm  #3

I hope it is possible as well......

October 7, 2020 9:25 pm  #4

I have to believe that it’s possible, and not only possible, but probable that someone who identifies as bi can also have high morals. My husband says it would be easier to be gay than bi. He says he wouldn’t wish it on anyone because it’s confusing, at least It was to him for many years. At this time he more identifies as  “heteroflexable” but behaviorally heterosexual. 

October 8, 2020 4:22 pm  #5

I’m sure it’s possible.....gotta be.

When I first got together with my husband, the first places we went were AA (he was trying to get his life together & live honestly) & church. He talked the good talk about being moral- talking back to the TV when someone was on there cheating on their wife & saying how awful they were (?!?&#@*!), and so on.
SO, I thought he had high morals. I knew he was brought up that way. His family was similar to mine that way.

BUT, after all the cheating & lying....I learned his morals were long gone. I’m hoping he finds them again as we go along living ‘moral’ lives.

I still believe it’s possible, too. 

Board footera