OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2020 6:50 am  #21

Re: Help! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.

It was when he started to have sex with men and transgender women 32 years ago, I now realize, that my husband started to keep track of my menstrual cycle in his agenda. When I was sad or stressed by the turmoil of gaslighting he would wave his agenda to me as proof that it was my hormones, my body, not his behaviour that was the issue in our marriage.

Last year after I "came out as a SS" to my 12-step group, without having revealed the above incident, a fellow member told me the same agenda story with a husband she divorced 30 years ago. She was still shocked by it, and so much was I that I never told her that the same thing happened to me. I should have. We must share these stories to understand that it has nothing to do with our body and all to do with their minds. Obviously our embodiment is the issue with non-straight spouses. They are not all happy with this. My fellow group member's son was as gay and addicted as his dad, whom he hated, and died of overdose.

Last edited by MarieSimoneLoraine (September 7, 2020 7:30 am)

September 10, 2020 10:09 pm  #22

That's so awful, MarieSimoneLoraine.  I don't understand how someone can be so hateful towards another person that at one point they professed to love. 

September 10, 2020 10:10 pm  #23

I'm still very much on the roller coaster.  I do well when I am not home.  I hate that he is underfoot ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME.  I can't stand looking at him. 

Board footera