OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2020 3:36 pm  #1

I rarely post, but I just wanted to update that things are going well

I rarely post because of the negativity that’s often found here, but I just wanted to drop in and let you know that things are going very well since my husband came out as bi almost 6 months ago. We have rekindled our loving monogamous relationship and we’re both happier than we’ve been in quite some time. 

I wish you all the best in your MOM. 

Last edited by TangledOil (July 6, 2020 5:35 pm)

May 26, 2020 3:53 pm  #2

Re: I rarely post, but I just wanted to update that things are going well

TangledOil wrote:

I rarely post because of the negativity that’s often found here, but I just wanted to drop in and let you know that things are going very well since my husband came out as bi almost 6 months ago. We have rekindled our loving monogamous relationship and we’re both happier than we’ve been in quite some time. 

I wish you all the best in you MOM. 

Good to hear Tangled   
If you believe in your r'ship...you should be able to look past the negativity and see it simply as expressions of those taking a different path to you. It's not you causing what you perceive as negativity...it's the choice you've made to stay in a MOM (I'm still in mine) but as none of us will ever walk in your shoes it'll only ever be our opinions based on our own experiences, not yours

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

May 26, 2020 4:39 pm  #3

I guess I just didn’t expect so much negativity in a “Strategies for MOMs” board. That’s all. 🤷🏼‍♀️

May 26, 2020 8:47 pm  #4

TangledOil wrote:

I guess I just didn’t expect so much negativity in a “Strategies for MOMs” board. That’s all. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I found it quite testing when I first joined too, but hey...we were, or are, all hurting here, at some point,and should always be mindful of the ones who are doing it differently than us

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 1, 2020 11:36 am  #5

Be assured, there are many MOM's going well and heading for long term relations.
I think these relations need progressive work, and not sit on your buts.
It's work in progresss! Put your shoulders under it, both of you!
Communicate and learn to be very honest.
It takes years to come there... silly as it may seem.

June 4, 2020 2:23 pm  #6

Thank you, Dutchman. I always appreciate your words of wisdom. This certainly isn’t an easy path all the time. It’s most certainly a work in progress. I think all relationships that stand the test of time need continual work. 

July 6, 2020 5:34 pm  #7

Just to update... things are still going really well. Better than I expected at this point honestly. Nothings been swept under the rug. We continue to talk about all of this... his desires, his bisexuality, my desires, and my being straight. We are in a really good place and are very loving, affectionate, and open with one another. We know and understand each other’s fears. We spend all of our downtime together... really together, enjoying each other’s company and conversation. It’s getting easier as time passes, but we can’t let out guard down completely probably ever as is the case in any relationship I’d assume. 

July 7, 2020 11:38 am  #8

TangledOil wrote:

Just to update... things are still going really well. Better than I expected at this point honestly. Nothings been swept under the rug. We continue to talk about all of this... his desires, his bisexuality, my desires, and my being straight. We are in a really good place and are very loving, affectionate, and open with one another. We know and understand each other’s fears. We spend all of our downtime together... really together, enjoying each other’s company and conversation. It’s getting easier as time passes, but we can’t let out guard down completely probably ever as is the case in any relationship I’d assume. 

TangledOil,

Glad to hear things are doing so well for  you. Talking to each other openly and honestly is one of the best ways to stay close to each other and stay on top of things before they do go south.

Good for you! & keep up the good !

((((((HUGS))))))

July 9, 2020 10:47 pm  #9

Thank you SusanneH. I still have anxious moments, but they are fewer and further between. I don’t have anyone in real life I speak to about any of this, but I’ve made a couple friends here in similar situations that I keep in contact with. At this point my husband just wants me to have support so he told me to tell whomever I needed to to get that support. Not that I needed his permission. I still don’t care to share all this with anyone in real life. I don’t feel I need that at this time. We’ve come a long way these last 7 month. Initially we spoke about divorce. In all our 28 years we’ve never spoken of divorce. We’ve always had a very stable relationship. Anyway, thank you again and keep us posted on your progress. Hugs to you. 

Board footera