OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2020 2:00 am  #1

Joe Kort on SSN Podcast

Dr. Kort’s podcast discussion did nothing to add any clarity to his puzzling theory that sexual conduct is not an indicator of sexual orientation. That men can have sex with men and not be considered as gay or bisexual. 
Like saying a feathered bird with webbed feet that quacks is not a duck.  Dr. Kort draws a distinction without a difference, and the podcast makes that evident.

March 15, 2020 1:12 pm  #2

Re: Joe Kort on SSN Podcast

The quote Kristin read was like a man telling us what we already know! but as we all know....we don't really know this 
until the mindfuck has totally fucked our mind so the need to say it felt a little condescending. We don't need convincing, and because of the traumatic timeline of this type of situation we won't believe we need convincing til it finally dawns on us we have been duped. 

A couple of years ago I read some of Joe Kort's articles and realise to some straightspouses he'll be the answer to their prayers, but my intuition told me to keep looking, this was another man jumping on the LGBTQ bandwagon. This man is gay?

First and foremost...this whole thing is NOT about sexuality Mr Kort....this is about the HONESTY between two people 

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (March 15, 2020 1:59 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

March 15, 2020 4:34 pm  #3

Joe Kort would be ridiculed & laughed out of town by the LGBT community in my very liberal city. I googled my city along with his name to see if he has given a seminar here. No. He has given many, many seminars elsewhere in the US.

He lacks scientific credibility - where are his double-blind studies proving these four criteria prove a man is or is not heterosexual?  There’s nothing at PubMed.

I am guessing he is a stamp of “professional” approval for a GIDH to continue wearing a straightjacket. (Pun intended)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 4, 2020 4:40 pm  #4

A lot of comments about "straight" people seemed to be made by someone who has no idea what it is like to be the sort of 100% straight that I am. Its weirding me out.

April 5, 2020 5:35 am  #5

it is weird isn't it.  Straight people might be ignorant of how different it is for gay people but they don't assume they know better than a gay person what it is like to be gay.  But the bisexuals think they know better than everybody, it's mind boggling.

I had a young bisexual friend tell me in all sincerity that gay men were better at having sex with straight men than women were because they knew how the equipment worked.  It was like we women were poor seconds!  Oh goodness.  They just cannot wrap their heads around the difference of being attracted to the opposite sex.

someone else I know started with I'm straight then she says of course, like all women I get my emotional needs met by other women.  now it's well Ive always been binary gender.  

Board footera