OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2020 10:07 am  #11

Re: PTSD

I definitely can relate to this.  In 2006, I went through what I now understand is PTSD.  My husband had called me from overseas, in the middle of the night, to tell me he'd tested positive for HIV.  I spent days and nights re-living that moment, the conversation, over and over and over.  I now understand that these are symptoms of PTSD.  His cover story, that he'd gotten it from a rural clinic in the third world before we'd even met, meant that not only could I have been infected.  It meant that I could have infected our daughter at birth or in her infancy.  It took me three days to get the quickest appointment available, and in that time I couldn't think straight.  Even after I found out his cover story was a medical impossibility, at the end of that week I got my period and it lasted without interruption for six weeks.  He has never acknowledged the damage that did to me, even now.  He'll claim it was "possible" his explanation "might have been true" even though the doctor told me flat out it was impossible.

Board footera