OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2020 1:33 pm  #1

Birthday Party

So, tomorrow is my daughters day out with two of her best friends, she turns six on Sunday. I am here thinking that her dad has no concept of what his apperance does to me or how it looks in public. I have been sick with something viral since Wednesday and I come home from work Wednesday and now he has escalated to obvious blush and obvious eye shadow. So, I dont even want to go tomorrow because i have such anxiety around him this way. I cannot even gather the strength to tell him to try and dress like the man he is tomorrow especially with tonight he is going out to the gay bar again. But, i dont get why for these special occasions he has to take away my joy? Why cant he just wear a sports bra to flatten his chest and no makeup and wear some normal jeans and a baggy shirt. But he is so consumed with himself that anyone else is supressing him. 

February 7, 2020 2:53 pm  #2

Re: Birthday Party

I would feel the same as you SS. Is your daughter confused by what he does or she doesnt notice yet? If it were me, honestly, I would just go without him. But it seems like you still live with him and it would be hard to do that. I would also be upset that he wants to be a "family man" but not play the part. The best advice I've gotten here is to talk to people. Tell them what you are feeling. Let them know you dont like what he does. For whatever reason, hes trying to force you to accept his change and frankly you arent obligated to do so!

February 7, 2020 3:53 pm  #3

Re: Birthday Party

We live together due to financial situations. He has progressed in what he does as far as clothing, footware, makeup. She has said a few things like your a girl im a girl and dads and just shrugs her shoulders. My stress levels are to where I think i am getting sick now due to stress. I havent had a virus in a while and have been out for the count the last three days. I just wish he would be adult enough to just be a man for family events

Board footera