OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2020 7:28 pm  #11

Re: Feeling lonely, sad, and confused

I remember seeing men getting manicures & pedicures in nail bars around 2012. I assumed they were gay, feeling bolder, and gave no further thought.

A year later my GIDXH asked me for money (he wasn’t working) to visit a nail bar for a manicure with clear polish. I said no. Then he asked for a salon hair dye job, expensive men’s clothing, expensive male soaps/colognes, fancy razors,etc. It was out of the blue and so fast.  This is when I began to feel repulsed by him. We separated 1.5 years later.

He never expressed interest in transitioning to female.  Gay men in my city groom themselves like this. 

I think once TGT genie is out of the bottle, it can’t be put back.  It’s like being a little bit pregnant. 

I am going to be non-PC: one has decide to pretty soon if you want a MOM or want a divorce. You save yourself so much trauma doing what is in your best interest.

Last edited by MJM017 (February 6, 2020 7:30 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

February 6, 2020 7:49 pm  #12

MJM017 wrote:

..........I am going to be non-PC: one has decide to pretty soon if you want a MOM or want a divorce. You save yourself so much trauma doing what is in your best interest.

It's taken me 3 years to decide I want out. 
"soon" will be different for everyone, but I can state....if it wasn't for 
the support of this Forum it may have taken me twice as long

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2020 9:22 pm  #13

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

MJM017 wrote:

..........I am going to be non-PC: one has decide to pretty soon if you want a MOM or want a divorce. You save yourself so much trauma doing what is in your best interest.

It's taken me 3 years to decide I want out. 
"soon" will be different for everyone, but I can state....if it wasn't for 
the support of this Forum it may have taken me twice as long

This forum helps a lot for sure! I didn’t knew it existed until 2 years after my divorce and 1.5 years after my GIDXH passed away.

II am not sure what you mean by soon being a relative term. 

I know divorce is very expensive & the cost of living is high everywhere.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera