OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2020 12:22 pm  #11

Re: Just found out my husband his bi or gay and need support

Cadodd01 wrote:

At this point, I honestly don't know.  This is the first time these types of questions have been presented to me and I would like to know the pros and cons and more about any of it before making a decision if it is something I want or could live with.  At the end of the day, I have to find peace and be able to lay my head down and sleep at night.  Before making any decision, I would really just like to find out more, I guess

Those questions are really tough but you have to ask yourself and be honest with yourself in answering them.

Can you live with someone who isn't physically/sexually attracted to you?
Can you live a life without intimacy? Physical and sexual intimacy are very important to the human existence.
Can you be comfortable knowing that he is out having sex with other men? Exposing himself and potentially you to sexually transmitted diseases? Some of these aren't just inconvenient, they can be deadly.
What impact will this have on your self-esteem and self-image? Will you forever feel like you are somehow not enough or not good enough to satisfy his needs and desires?
Are you willing to sacrifice your happiness and fulfillment to stay in a relationship that may never satisfy you?

January 9, 2020 2:21 pm  #12

Re: Just found out my husband his bi or gay and need support

Davin, those are all some very good questions and very good points to take into consideration.  Some of which I had not thought about.  Thank you!

Board footera