OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2019 1:42 pm  #11

Re: Completely Confused

Hi MJ,

I think you're doing great.  Having everyone turn on you when you divorced is devastating all over again, same happened to me, it is not uncommon, these people have a way of spinning yarn that is relentless.  Before we were even talking about a divorce, ie I wasn't talking to anyone else, mine was in hyperdrive getting everyone on his side.

I think one has to acknowledge that the likelihood is that they grew up in families where a parent is in the closet.

July 8, 2019 4:56 pm  #12

Lily: Why do you feel that a GID person likely grew up in a home with a GID parent? 

I do see a connection between living in a home with secrets, maybe—

And a connection with living in a home where truth in general is not allowed, where the pressure to conform to be a certain way is so significant that it over rides concern for the individuals—

Last edited by OnMyOwnTwoFeet (July 8, 2019 4:57 pm)

July 8, 2019 10:22 pm  #13

oh goodness.  it's odd isn't it the way we can accept someone has inherited their hair colour, their diabetes, the shape of their nose, their alcoholism, the length of their legs, their kind disposition, the facial tic, their ability with numbers, and on and on and on and yet when it comes to gay - it must have been the tooth fairy.

I know my ex-gidh was 'like father like son'.  I don't think it's axiomatic - gay child, gay parent.  But when it is not from a parent then look to the grandparents.

I believe that if you are the sort of person that has an honest nature then, gay or straight, it helps to know the truth of your parentage.  And one honest parent is enough.

Last edited by lily (July 8, 2019 10:41 pm)

Board footera