OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2019 2:50 pm  #21

Re: How do we deal with this?

yes please - do listen to what STK has just said.  Just think about this - your first post you express the pain of being done out of 12 years of young adulthood when you could have been having a family.  He is not your friend he is his own friend.  He is not your lover, he is his own lover.  He doesn't even understand the dogs will miss each other.

I can't remember the details but one story I heard on here, the poor woman was left with a huge financial hole before she managed to get the divorce.  Transitioning costs an awful lot of money and then you've got to buy the lingerie.

sorry to say, but it is this bit, the bit where you separate financially, that is the hardest bit because you have to deal with the reality of him to complete it.  From everything I know I just think it is extremely very much entirely the inevitable likelihood that he cares about the money in a way he just doesn't care about you or the dogs.

May 31, 2019 11:07 pm  #22

Re: How do we deal with this?

Totally agree with StrongerThanIKnew. I never would have thought in my wildest dreams my GH would have began to try to take financial advantage of me & my kids.  But that’s what is happening as we speak!  I’m trying to get my divorce done ASAP, but it can’t happen soon enough.  He shows no concern for me or the grown kids. He is all about himself.  He is obsessively spending money & living beyond our means right now.  I’m thinking he is trying to make himself feel good & also trying to impress people. 

Seems like once the secret is out, the crazy behavior escalates if that is possible!

Be careful. This is a bad situation to be in. Hope for the best for you.

Board footera