OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2016 8:29 am  #11

Re: Is he or is he not

Hi Guys

Thank you so much for your advise. I could not post here yesterday but Ive decided to take the advise and go to a lawyer first. I know it will get very ugly and he proved in the past to be a liar. Thats why I suggested therapy so that we can have an objective opinion and I will nit fall into a web of accusations and guilt. He still did not respond to that.

Financially I am the stronger one so I will be able to handle that part. It is my kids I am.most worried about.

Thanx again for the guidance. It is much appreciated.

Rgds

August 31, 2016 12:18 pm  #12

Re: Is he or is he not

Lonely,

You go..  The order of your support does not matter.    If I had known my divorce would take so long and my ex would be so horrible and mean I would have done the lawyer first.

But there is no set time for these things..  Just be certain there is end ..it will be a season.   But God wants us to go through the (gay) valley..we can't seem to go around, over or under it.     I got through  but I would never want to do it again  (divorce a narcissitic gay person).   

Our kids will be ok...we'll be ok...   but maybe not the same or what we expected.    Just keep being the mom your kids always knew....be consistent, stoic and absolute.    My horrible divorce year;   I treated it/my ex like the rain...all I could do was hand my kids an umbrella and tell them to keep dry until it ended.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera