OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 30, 2016 12:38 pm  #11

Re: help....what now

L&S,

I feel for you.. "He even admitted online to only being here as he hadn't found the right person yet"  ..

I was horrified when reading  my now ex's crap....it was her pursuing the girlfriend....aying she had no
one.    WTF...I was right there begging her for attention.

I like StillWondering's  advice;   'And so began my first steps to freedom and mental freedom.  I no longer cared."     At some point I had to accept and do what needed to be done.   Kind of like an accident where someone gets hurt..you administer first aid...you stop the bleeding.   You don't worry about your blood stained clothes or being late for work.    The betrayal and what our spouses did/are doing transcends everyday things.. they have forced us into accident/emergency mode.

Do what needs to be done for you and your kids.   Do what is right.   Its hard being in shock and hurt and doing the important things...hence why we need to gather what help we can.    You'll be ok.   Things will be different but you'll survive and be ok.      Sadly, ..we cannot 'fix" them or make the trustworthy again.  We cannot wish away what they did.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera