OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2018 10:19 pm  #11

Re: new to this

Panic....how's it going? A member...Roo....posted this one day. It's deep and pertinent.

""And once the storm is over, you wont remember how you made it through, 
how you managed to survive. You wont even be sure, whether the storm is 
really over. But one thing is certain, 

when you come out of the storm, you wont be the same person who walked in. 
Thats what this storms all about. 

~ Haruki Murakami ~ ""

KIA KAHA                       

December 5, 2018 8:34 pm  #12

Dear Gonzo2000 - I am so sorry you are going through this. It is so hard to be going through this in our 60's!! I have found that the anger is real and good to get out. Eventually, we can move on. I just wish it was sooner than later.

December 5, 2018 8:48 pm  #13

Ellexoh - thank you so much for checking in with me. I love that quote. I am going to see a therapist on Thursday, going with my husband on Tuesday and then to a SSN meeting on the 19th. So I am feeling less angry, but questioning what can possible be a next step. At least we are on the same page as telling the kids after the New Year, but he might chicken out. I will not.

Board footera