OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2018 2:20 pm  #11

Re: Not all Bi men are on the way to "Gaytown".

Seriously Vicky!  Why so angry? I just read your old posts about your husband being GID. Is the situation getting to be too much after 2 years of living with someone like Happyland,it is all hitting a nerve now?
If I am wrong,please tell us how your life is going.

November 22, 2018 2:21 pm  #12

vicky wrote:

Happyland THANK YOU  for your post!

The rest of you wow, what a bunch of jerks you are.  

This is a safe space. For straightspouses. It's Happy's wife I'd be more interested in hearing from, 
not her entitled, bisexual husband

KIA KAHA                       

November 22, 2018 2:26 pm  #13

What I said was don't read further if the post doesn't interest you and keep hateful comments to yourself (it wasn't you) but one person said fuck off.  To me that is being a jerk along with some of the other comments.  I for one was interested in the post and ashamed of all the rude comments.  Calling someone out?  It sounds to me like he didn't need your help to call him out, his wife is down with the lifestyle.  Hard for some to believe that one might be ok with it but just pause to think for a minute that people can make up their own minds they're not all gaslighted/abused.
I for one am OK with my partners bisexuality. Yup 100% A-OK and I have always been ok with it.  What I wasn't ok with is that he wouldn't speak to me about it, he still won't it drives me nuts.

November 22, 2018 2:33 pm  #14

Vicky, I believe you are being very naive about this post. But that is up to you. Other people will be massively triggered (maybe you don’t understand why but believe me I am one of them) and they can easily see the purpose of this post. If you can’t then that’s that. But it remains that they are entitled to respond. And you can choose not to read if you don’t want to hear their responses. What you can’t do is dictate what members do here.

I’m glad you’re A Ok with your husband wanting sex with men. That is not something I chose to deal with, or ever will, ever.

Last edited by Duped (November 22, 2018 2:35 pm)

November 22, 2018 2:34 pm  #15

Sunflower, life is good actually I'll update my profile though I'm not sure the people here want to hear a story like mine. Good thing comments are turned off.  I was just shocked that so many people would write something so rude, first thing I thought was they sound like jerks.  Like why bother being hurtful to someone who was trying post something helpful. Bisexuals do exist despite the sentiment on this forum, it's not just gays having their cake and eating it too.

November 22, 2018 2:39 pm  #16

vicky wrote:

......life is good actually I'll update my profile though I'm not sure the people here want to hear a story like mine. Good thing comments are turned off. .....

I'd like to read it 

KIA KAHA                       

November 22, 2018 4:16 pm  #17

This got a little carried away. 

To happyland:  You are correct that not all Bi men are truly gay.  No-one here has ever said ALL.  But the vast majority of our spouses who turned out to be gay/lesbian started off telling us they were Bi.  This is why so many are bothered by your post here.  

You made your point - that not 100% of Bisexual men are gay.  There is value in remembering that fact, so you've made a contribution.  I see no further opportunity for you to contribute to this group.  More likely, you wife would make a good contributor, so if you would like to invite her to sign up, please do.  

To everyone else.  This got a bit too personal and a bit too emotional.  Let's all take a deep breath.  I understand that trigger here, but some remarks toward the original post were a bit harsh and then things went downhill from there. 

Let's all be on the same team and support each other..  especially now during the holidays!

Locking this thread and happyland.  let's move on. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera