OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2016 11:11 am  #1

Kids just left

They just left. I can't stop crying. And i can't even look him in the face. I start to shake when I know he's coming. I feel like a rape victim -- rape of the soul. I keep thinking he lied for 20 years and it hurts so bad. I honestly need a break from the kids but not for an entire week. I want to be stronger, but I hurt so bad. They didn't see me cry.

How could this person I trusted do this to my life? Take everything -- my kids, my home, my stupid car, my life as a SAHM. Then blame me for everything? I just can't believe I'm living this nightmare.

Last edited by Sue (June 19, 2016 6:24 pm)

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

June 19, 2016 7:45 pm  #2

Re: Kids just left

Hold your head up.   Have faith.
God will be our vindicator.  I truly believe there is a special place in hell for these people. 

Take this week to recharge..our kids will need us...if not now next week and later in life.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 19, 2016 8:17 pm  #3

Sue I just wanted to say I can start shaking also...your not alone.  I just got home with the kids and since the evil demon lezex won't leave my house my chest started tightening up ..waiting for whatever wrath or fury she may have from her day.

We are abused...just remember no one can take your kids away..they will be yours forever.  They will need a strong moral parent. Our spouses morality and love is fleeting.  Treat yourself well ..know we ware praying for you tonight.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 20, 2016 2:28 am  #4

My heart goes out to you Sue, I have been there and well remember feeling exactly as you do and being blamed by my ex and his family when I was the innocent party!  It is a truly hellish place to be.  It seems to be very common for the person to have been betrayed to be then accused of all manner of fictitious things. Have a good cry, maybe smash a few plates. I  have no answers but I really do feel your pain, you are not alone and there are many people who wish you nothing but peace and happiness in the future. 

June 20, 2016 8:51 am  #5

Sue, you are not alone. We here can understand the pain and trauma you are experiencing. It's one of the cruelest experiences I can imagine, being betrayed by the person who was supposed to honor and cherish you above all others.

My kids were adult and out of the house, but I remember all too well asking the same questions (how could you do this?) weeping, shaking, and feeling the total unfairness of having my in-laws blame and shun me. It was hell for a long time. The it was less hellish. Then a little less so.

Everyone says it and it is true. You can't go around it, you have to go through it. Keep taking baby steps each day. Maintain hope that it will get better. It does. Promise.

Keep posting and ask for help as you need it.

Board footera