OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2018 6:52 pm  #11

Re: Warning to younger straights from an old straight

Hip hip hurray, ditto ditto ditto everything that’s been said.  Prime years of my life age 23 to 47.   Tomorrow is the three year anniversary of the day I literally ran away with what I could put in my car.  Last May would have been our 25 wedding anniversary, it’s almost funny just how delusional and gaslighted I was.  I lived in dreams of the past, used to dream about redoing our wedding vows for our 25th.  Instead I ended up remarrying someone new lol (in June ).

But what an amazing life, it’s been kind of fun to rediscover who I used to be, before I became a complete and total shell of a human being.  A very faint remnant of that 23 year old girl.  So yes, to those of you with youth on your side, run run run.  There is better out there!,

October 5, 2018 9:02 pm  #12

Re: Warning to younger straights from an old straight

4everdamaged wrote;
"...rediscover who I used to be, before I became a complete and total shell of a human being.  A very faint remnant of that 23 year old girl..."

Yes.

It's been a journey for me also..who was I before I lost myself for decades in my GX's crazy world. I was happy but looking back i don't see TGT but so much dysfunctional narcissm..so many issues that were just not me.   Like the ending of "the sixth sense".

It's interesting..there was fear of being alone but the fact is I was alone before I met her and ok.

My advice to anyone young is don't think the problem is you..you shouldnt have to lose yourself to make someone happy.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera