OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2018 3:44 pm  #1

Boyfriend has come out and said he thinks about wanting to be a woman

Hi so, I was recommended here from reddit and I myself am bi so I don't know if I am in the right place. However, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this: Now, [my boyfriend] he has mentioned before that he was thinking about what it might be like to be a woman etc etc but since he was stressed, a lot of the people he told (including myself) just brushed it off as something triggered by stress (terrible I know). A few months after that, he brushed it off and said it was a blip basically and that he hadn't felt like the since and he was happy the way he is.Today, he messaged me and asked what it was like being a woman and instantly, I knew that he was thinking about being a woman again. Surprisingly enough to me, he had actually been thinking about a lot since then and even sometimes wants to wear women's clothes and gets jealous of them being able to wear certain clothes. Now, I know that he is still sexually attracted to me and to women in general and I myself am bi. So I felt as though when he told me this, I shouldn't have a problem. However, I feel really quite scared because I'm worried if he realises that he wants to become a trans woman, I will lose him forever as my soulmate. This is not because of him but because of me. I am worried that I may not be sexually attracted to him like I used too and I've always been worried that if I was with another girl romantically and sexually, I would not be able to do it for her. Hence why I haven't had a relationship with a girl till now. Does anyone here have any advice or have gone through something similar? Or know anywhere I get advice online? I know we may not be together forever cause we're too young but I really do love him wholeheartedly, I wanna get married to him someday and I don't want this (if it does happen) to break us up😞.

August 29, 2018 5:38 pm  #2

Re: Boyfriend has come out and said he thinks about wanting to be a woman

Hi thatgirl, I can't speak to your particular situation but I do think you need to consider what the future holds. Assuming he transitions, are you going to be as happy with "her" as you are with "him"? Will he feel the same about you or will he decide he wants male attention in order to feel "complete"? Is he attracted to you because of who you are or because you represent something he desires to become? This is your future so please step carefully. Not everyone may agree with me but I feel "I do." is a serious commitment. If there's doubt on the part of either partner, it's going to be a difficult road. Please look out for yourself.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

August 30, 2018 5:10 am  #3

Re: Boyfriend has come out and said he thinks about wanting to be a woman

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (August 26, 2019 2:28 pm)

Board footera