OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2018 12:57 pm  #21

Re: The hardest part of wanting to keep my r'ship together...

While reading through some threads.....I found this excerpt from a post of Kel's. I hope she doesn't mind me reposting it here, it struck a chord....

" So he says it's all in the past, and then puts you in the position of needing to forgive and forget in order for him to continue to stay in the relationship.  He's using the only thing he can - your heart.  He's holding your heart hostage - knowing that what you really want is for things to go back to what you want them to be.  He knows you want to keep him (but only if he's not cheating), so he announces that he'll behave, and then puts YOU in the hot seat.  He figures if you think he'll only stay with you if YOU behave (when it's actually the other way around), then he can get you to DO that because he knows what you want in your heart of hearts."

KIA KAHA                       

April 5, 2018 5:10 pm  #22

" As a seed buried in the earth cannot imagine itself as an orchid or hyacinth, neither can a heart packed with hurt imagine itself loved or at peace. The courage of the seed is that once cracking, it cracks all the way"

Last edited by Ellexoh (April 5, 2018 5:11 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

May 19, 2018 2:51 am  #23

We,as a couple, follow motorsport. Have traveled for it, I loved it. We had a camper van, met heaps of people from all over. BUT....when I asked him why he'd said "we're probably not going this year"....one of the reasons he gave me was that we were so up& down *he made a zigzag motion as he said it* and that he didn't  want to spend the money only to be arguing/not speaking while we're away. 
I was dumbfounded. A trip we take, to a sport we love/talk & laugh about/watch all the time. I can't get my head around his thinking! It felt like he was using it as a bargaining chip...."if you're good we might go if all the other ducks line up" (finances timings etc). WTF..!! Or is he using it as an excuse to NOT go with me at all.
It felt like he'd turned a switch off. Our r'ship is so strained and I can feel myself moving away from expecting to always be with him. 

This is the only place I can write down how I feel and know the people reading it know how I feel. 

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (May 19, 2018 3:06 am)

KIA KAHA                       

August 21, 2018 1:46 pm  #24

The last few days I've been thinking about how we have a joint account that money from my mum's will 
will go into. Today I'm going to the bank to open a separate account that my partner can't touch

KIA KAHA                       

August 21, 2018 2:58 pm  #25

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

The last few days I've been thinking about how we have a joint account that money from my mum's will 
will go into. Today I'm going to the bank to open a separate account that my partner can't touch

I think opening a separate bank account is a wise idea.

August 22, 2018 6:42 pm  #26

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Today I'm going to the bank to open a separate account that my partner can't touch 

Done

KIA KAHA                       

September 5, 2018 8:11 pm  #27

How is this action supposed to build the trust and teamwork that would support a healthy long-term MOM? Isn't that what this particular subforum is for? It feels like you are trying to prepare to split... which might be the right decision, but perhaps you might find more support from a different corner of this site?

September 5, 2018 8:50 pm  #28

This forum is supposed to support straight spouses.  It's not designed to support MOMs.  If Ellexoh sees actions by her partner that she believes indicates that HE is not acting in ways that build a healthy relationship, she needs to act to protect herself.

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (September 5, 2018 9:00 pm)

September 5, 2018 9:07 pm  #29

YazPistachio wrote:

How is this action supposed to build the trust and teamwork that would support a healthy long-term MOM? Isn't that what this particular subforum is for? It feels like you are trying to prepare to split... which might be the right decision, but perhaps you might find more support from a different corner of this site?

I can't determine how you perceive my actions, or what you feel about them, but after realising I have a man who was prepared to put himself first (dishonesty, secrets) I know I would much rather listen to the men & women here who tell me to keep myself safe, and provide me with advice, options and suggestions that ultimately benefit me in the event of the collapse of all I've known..rather than somebody who, I feel, has a quite different view of a "happy relationship"

KIA KAHA                       

September 6, 2018 12:43 pm  #30

Yaz, do you not have any criticisms for Ellexoh’s husband? Given that he’s the dishonest one? I’m sorry (not sorry) but you sound totally brainwashed and want to drag people here along in your own disastrous choice. Do not berate Ellexoh for protecting herself. And definitely don’t do it in the sub-forum that she campaigned for.

Board footera